This is Chester. When I was in Afghanistan I got a care package from one of those “Adopt a Soldier” programs that lets families send care packages to service men and women who are deployed overseas. Anyway, I got this care package, and it came with the usual stuff: Baby wipes, crackers, peanut butter, the Dad threw in a pack of cigarettes, and there was some jerky. But there was also a little beanie baby gold fish and a hand written note from a 7 year old girl that said
“Dear Soldier, (I wasn’t even mad)
I hope you are doing well. I’m sorry you have to miss thanksgiving with your family. This is my friend Chester. He keeps me safe from monsters, but I think you need him more than I do. I hope he keeps you safe from the monsters you’re fighting. Take good care of him for me”.
You bet your ass that little fish was in my pocket every time I went on patrol.
look at this
I don’t even know where to begin.
i like to think that hogwarts has a really strong wi-fi signal, but like the stair cases, it keeps moving around. just muggleborns, chillin on their laptops all suddenly stand up together, dash madly to a different corner of the school, and sit down wordlessly like some kind of mind hive flock of pigeons while the purebloods are just so confused
Imagine your OTP stuck in an elevator after they’ve had a fight.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is pure sexism in everyday society.
I’m a teenager why does my back hurt I’m not 70 years old
*Mom voice* it’s that damn computer again
why does this have so many notes
Benedict Cumberbatch, Emmy winning actor
[ Karin says : ] How yould I possibly resist reblogging this ?
For more posts like these, go visit psych2go
Psych2go features various psychological findings and myths. In the future, psych2go attempts to include sources to posts for the purpose of generating discussions and commentaries. This will give readers a chance to critically examine psychology.
Fact submitted by: bonjourtammy
As some of you know, I have not been doing very well the last couple months. Because of that, my number of actual art posts have dwindled and my personal posts have skyrocketed, and at times I haven’t posted anything at all. And yet, except for a few exceptions, you guys have stayed with me on this blog and have sent tons and tons of support and love my way and I just can not thank you all enough! I wish I could send something to every single one of you but this is the best I can do!
This for all my followers, as well as future followers, who have and hopefully will continue to bare with me and all my malfunctions and annoyances!
- You must be following me because this is a thank you to my followers and future followers!!!
- Both likes and reblogs count!
- Please reblog only once as not to annoy your followers.
- You must have your ask box open so that I will be able to contact you if you win and you must be comfortable giving me your address so I can send you your stuff!
Grand prize winner will receive:
- An 8 ft. long 4th doctor scarf
- A John Watson styled sweater (It has been loved by me for a couple years so it is a little worn. Don’t be alarmed.)
- A deerstalker hat
- A 11th Doctor fez
- A pair of Bee socks from my store
- Sherlock Season 1 on DVD
- Arthur Conan Doyle’s Hounds of the Baskervilles book
- 8 Sherlock fanartist stickers (with a couple Sock Drawer stickers thrown in there.)
- A poster of a map of Middle Earth with Gandalf on the reverse side
- A Doctor Who poster
- A Portrait of Ben C drawn by me!
- A copy of ENtertainment weekly with an Article on Doctor Who in it
- + a little note and doodle from me
5 runner up winners will receive:
- 2 pairs of socks picked out by me from my store
- A bunch of Sock Drawer stickers from my store
- + a little note and doodle from me
- (also if I see you are following my stores tumblr, the-sockdrawer, you will get an extra little something!)
The give away ends in exactly 3 weeks, on Friday September 19th.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING AS SWEET AS YOU ARE AND GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL!
Also a thank you to ma bb krfr (ohg-d) for helping me model some of the stuff.
this girl’s sense of humor is far ahead of her age